After the Second World War, Beardmore Motors sold and serviced the new Nuffield Oxford cab, until the newly formed British Motor Corporation axed it in favour of their own Austin FX3. Beardmore Motors then returned to making their own cabs. The model they introduced, in 1954 was the Mk7 Paramount, which had a traditional style coachbuilt body, of aluminium panels over an ash frame, built by Windover. The engine was from a Mk1 Ford Consul, (later, a Mk2 Consul and finally a Ford Zephyr 4) but a Perkins 4.99 diesel was offered from 1956. In the same year, body production was taken over by Weymann at Addlestone. Production of the entire cab was soon moved there. In 1966, when Metropolitan-Cammell bought Weymann, taxi production was moved to MCW's factory at Washwood Heath, Birmingham, where it ended in late 1966. Final production of the Mk7 amounted to just over 650 cabs.
The 1960 Beardmore MK7 offered here is described by the vendor to be in very good condition and to drive very well. It has an upgraded 2.6 ltr Cab Star engine and an automatic gearbox, and has just had a full service with new brakes all round, and new half shaft seals. The interior was done by an ex-Rolls Royce employee. This vehicle has been in the vendors ownership for the last seven years and has been lightly used for wedding hire.
Note: This description is provided by the vendor and unless otherwise stated is 'Not Verified'
by Barons or any person employed by Barons. Prospective purchasers are advised to satisfy themselves
as to the accuracy of any statements made, whether they be statements of fact or opinion.