Bentley introduced the Mk VI in 1946, and it was effectively an all-new car, and it was the first Bentley with a steel body as standard. Its chassis was quite advanced for the time, with independent front suspension, servo brakes, a four-speed gearbox and the very useful centralised chassis lubrication system. The 4526cc straight-six engine, which grew to 4566cc in 1951, gained a reputation for smoothness, power and reliability.
Chassis were supplied to independent coachbuilders. Four-door Saloon, two-door saloon and drophead coupe models with bodies by external companies were listed by Bentley along with the Bentley-bodied saloon. Production ceased in 1952
The Vendor has owned this car for 14 years and he is only selling it because of upcoming retirement. It drives beautifully and has lots of early paperwork, old MoTs, letters from previous owners, old tax discs and log books. The car is always serviced once a year. The car has an unusual specification for a Mk6, comprising of a bench front seat and triple Trico air horns, both of which can be verified from the original build sheet. This is a lovely car and the vendor much regrets having to sell it.
Note: This description is provided by the vendor and unless otherwise stated is 'Not Verified'
by Barons or any person employed by Barons. Prospective purchasers are advised to satisfy themselves
as to the accuracy of any statements made, whether they be statements of fact or opinion.