The Mini Mark IV was introduced in 1976. It has a front rubber mounted subframe with single tower bolts and the rear frame had some larger bushings introduced. Twin stalk indicators were introduced with larger foot pedals. From 1977 onwards, the rear indicator lamps had the reverse lights incorporated in them. In 1980, the engine was uprated to the improved A-Plus unit from the Metro. This was then followed by a number of later incremental developments. 1981 was the Mini's last year in the top ten of Britain's top selling cars, as it came ninth and the Metro was fifth.
This Mini 1000 was originally registered on 1st August 1976 (disabled class) to a lady in Crowborough, East Sussex. The car is believed to have been used sparingly whilst it remained with this owner for over 37 years, and is now showing just 23,390 miles. The second owner acquired the vehicle in October 2013, selling it on in June 2014. Since June 2014, the car has been the subject of a long term sympathetic restoration project, to return the car to near original condition. This included re-commissioning work to make the car roadworthy along with a bare metal respray, repainted in Old English White plus under sealing.
The car is supplied with its original interior, nylon/vinyl seat facings and rake adjustment front seats, a £33.53 cost option. The history file includes 11 MOT's dating back to 1991 which support the mileage, plus the original handbook. There is a Leyland price list from July 1976, Haynes manual, workshop manual and copy of the V5 from the second owner, plus a memory stick evidencing the respray and under sealing work.
Note: This description is provided by the vendor and unless otherwise stated is 'Not Verified'
by Barons or any person employed by Barons. Prospective purchasers are advised to satisfy themselves
as to the accuracy of any statements made, whether they be statements of fact or opinion.